11 November, 2006

C is for Chopin

Mood: Elated
Currently listening to: All 7 of Jay Chou's albums

Today, out of nowhere, I spawned an obsession for The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, a real zany anime series. And thus, went on Youtube searching "haruhi" and watched cool vids, just like any otaku would have. Being the real piano enthusiast that I am (or was), I was so inspired by what I saw that I decided to come out of retirement. Nobody actually knew, but I decided about a month back that I wanted to quit piano because I felt that I had "been there, done that". What arrogance you say! I was slowly losing my interest in piano, which was probably a symptom of wanting to go "legit" with music. So, as a warning, don't delete your mp3s! (No, you should, but... er...)

As a result, I decided that during this holidays, though I had originally planned to tear into my bass, I, Charles Wong (Wikipedia: Article not found), will not only be doing that but also realizing my full potential as a piano player and record myself playing all of Jay Chou's greatest hits and upload them onto Youtube. Yes, read that sentence again if you thought you were dreaming. If, by overdose of an illegal substance, or by chance, you were actually dreaming, I am going to make it real.

I know, I know, this is every Asian girl's dream come true.

And Blogger is so nice to me. They gave me tags! Hurray for great justice! Finally, this rules out any chance of me ever returning to MSN Spaces or considering LiveJournal. WHEEEEEE GEEK LOVE!

*EDIT: Video #1 is now available on Youtube. Here it is:



Jay Chou's 发如雪 (Hair Like Snow) on piano
Feat. Charles Wong
A Zian Group Production

1 comments:

Great White Sumo said...

C is for CLAPTON. I saw Eric Clapton in concert tonight in Osaka. The man is an absolute genius. C is for CLAPTON. Nothing more, nothing less. CLAPTON.